Friday 13 April 2012

Oil Painting 11 - Castlefield Evening Sun



After passing through media city, the high rise flats of Manchester began to dwarf us as we arrived at Castlefield late in the day. I began this painting in a hurry buzzing with the excitement of now (temporarily) living in a city centre and trying to capture the last hour of sun which was turning the red brick of the converted mills and multiple viaducts into golden orange glow. The dramatic modern footbridge spanning the canal, and towpath I was working on, was making a good spectator area, with many people leaning and watching the painting take shape, a small chinese lady watched for 45 minutes which I think is the longest I have managed to entertain a member of the public. I am a complete showman, I love the added energy that comes with being conscious of people watching, and striving to keep their interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment